Interested in prenatal classes?
Prenatal classes are a great way to familiarize yourself with expectations for labour and learning basic baby cares.
Prenatal classes are generally provided in two formats: a series of classes or intensive weekends. Attending prenatal classes are also a great way for partners to learn how to help during labour and after your baby is born.
Some of the topics generally covered during prenatal classes include:
- Signs of labour
- Normal progression of labour and birth
- Pain management (natural and medications)
- Labour/Birth interventions
- How partner/support system can help
- Postpartum planning
- Newborn Care
- Infant Feeding
- Infant Massage
Whether it is your first baby or you want a refresher class, prenatal classes are great opportunities to ask questions and gain insights into labour, birth and caring for baby.
- Balancing Birth to Babies
- Tummies to Toes: Classes held at KWMA 2023 (Weeknight 6 to 9 pm; Sat 10 am to 5 pm; Sun 1 to 5 pm)
- Jan 10, 17 and 24
- March 21, 28 and April 4
- April 29 and 30
- May 30, June 6 and 13
- July 11, 12 and 13
- Sept 16 and 17
- Nov 7, 14, 21